Do I need to submit a W-8 tax form?

If you're an international creator, we'll need a completed W-8 tax form on file for you. A W8 is a form for non-US individuals and businesses earning income from a US source (that's AdThrive!). You can read more about the W-8 form here on the IRS website.

Should I choose the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E?

Choose the W-8BEN form if you file as an individual, and choose the W-8BEN-E form if you file as a business.

What do I select for FATCA status?

FATCA status has to do with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act. This form section is relevant to foreign financial institutions (FFIs) that act as an intermediary, receiving money from the US on behalf of an individual or another business.

Most creators who fill out a W-8 form select "Active NFFE" for their FATCA status, which stands for "Non-Financial Foreign Entity."

Please don't hesitate to talk to a tax professional if you have additional questions about filling out your tax form.
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Send a message

Want to join AdThrive? Apply here!