As your friendly neighborhood ad experts, we’re always making adjustments behind the scenes to offer the best ad service. We continually offer the latest in effective ad types and placements while optimizing our ad technology on the backend. Our AdThrive Community Facebook Group and newsletter are two great resources for staying informed on the latest offerings, and our team schedules regular check-ins to review new opportunities for your site.
In addition, through our Ad Preferences page in your AdThrive dashboard, you can let us know when you want our team to adjust your ads, right from the comfort of your dashboard, so you have more time to focus on doing what you love!
We believe that our ad expertise + your intimate knowledge of your site and audience = the recipe for success!
The Ad Preferences page has two sections that will allow you to request changes to your ad layout and opt in to approved ad categories.
Ad Layout Goals
The first section of the Ad Preferences page is where you can choose an option to let us know how you'd like your ad layout to be adjusted. The options include Auto-optimize, Maintain, Maximize, or Minimize.
If you select this choice, we will set you up for maximum earnings now and in the future. We'll always provide your site with the latest updates and new ad types if we think they will increase your earnings. We'll let you know whenever changes are made to your site. This is our recommended option and ensures you're always taking advantage of the latest opportunities right away!
Maintain Ad Layout:
If you are happy with your current ad placements and overall number of ads on your site, you can choose the Maintain option. We’ll continue to monitor your site and notify you when we have any new suggestions for your site.
Maximize Ad Layout:
If earning more money is your top priority, choose the Maximize option and we will strategically increase the number of ads on your site and turn on our recommended, top-earning ad types. We'll keep an eye on your earnings and site health and be in touch to see how you like the changes!
Minimize Ad Layout:
Want to let your ads take more of a backseat for awhile? Choose the Minimize option, and we'll adjust to a reduced ad layout. While reducing ads will likely mean a decrease in ad income, we’ll strategize ways to meet your goals with the least revenue impact possible.
It’s your choice!
We know that your business strategy is dynamic — sometimes you may want to focus more on other revenue streams, and sometimes you want to take full advantage of your pageviews and increase your ad income. You can always change your preferences and we’ll be here to make sure your ad layout meets your current needs!
The second section on the Ad Preferences page allows you to opt in to different categories of ads you might be interested in having on your site. Allowing these additional categories increases your earning potential, so it’s worth looking to see if any are a good fit.
Here's how it looks in your dashboard:
Here’s some more information about these optional categories:
- Alcohol: Beer, wine, etc.
- Black Magic, Astrology & Esoteric: Includes zodiac, horoscopes, love spells, potions, and psychic-related ads.
- Consumer Loans: Includes consumer lending and loans.
- Cosmetic procedures & body modification: Includes lifts, suctions, lasers, hair removal and restoration, tattoos, and body modification.
- Dating: Includes dating services and online dating communities.
- Downloadable Utilities: Software for download which is designed to enhance the functionality of an operating system or device, whether desktop or mobile. Typical examples include anti-virus software, file converters, driver updaters, system cleaners, download managers, disk defragmenters, codecs, browser toolbars, ringtones, screensavers, wallpapers, and so on.
- Drugs & Supplements: Includes pharmaceuticals, vitamins, supplements, and related retailers; does not include resources providing information about drugs.
- Get Rich Quick: Ads that offer to share lucrative business secrets with consumers, or which offer significant money or merchandise for little or nothing in return. Includes multi-level marketing, work from home offers, and so on; also includes online surveys.
- Politics: Includes ads for political campaigns or candidates, ads addressing controversial social issues, ads referencing well-known politicians, and ads touching on events widely perceived to be political in nature, such as elections, protests, terrorist attacks, wars, and conflicts.
- References to Sex & Sexuality: Includes ads that are suggestive, relate to sexual or reproductive health, or refer to sex and sexuality.
- Religion: Includes religious ads and ads advocating for or against religious views; does not include astrology or non-denominational spirituality.
- Sensationalism: Ads that aim to induce users to click them by appealing to their curiosity, often using a teaser message with hyperbolic language or imagery. Includes ads that center around sensationalistic subjects (such as celebrity arrests, deaths, or divorces) or aim for shock value.
- Sexual & Reproductive Health: Includes sexual function, fertility, and birth control ads as well as ads for products, services, and information related to STDs including clinics and medication; does not include normal pregnancy resources or abortion services.
- Significant Skin Exposure: Ad images where any part of the human body from the sternum to the mid-thigh is not clothed; or the body is clothed in underwear, swimwear, lingerie, or other see-through clothes or non-clothing items such as a towel or bed sheet.
- Social Casino Games: Includes simulated gambling games (including, without limitation, poker, slots, bingo, lotteries, sports betting, betting on races, as well as other card games and casino games) where there is no opportunity to win anything of value (such as money or prizes).
- Video Games (Casual & Online): Includes video games, online games, and downloadable games; does not include video game consoles.
- Weight Loss: Includes weight loss, dieting, and related products and programs; doesn't include healthy eating or general fitness ads.
You may want to enable some of these categories for a temporary period. For example, political ad spending is anticipated to reach $2.84 billion in 2020, double what it was in 2016! You may want to take advantage of this and enable political ads during the election season.
If you decide to opt in to some new categories, but then change your mind, just let us know and we’ll be happy to turn those categories off again!
The Ad Preferences page in your AdThrive dashboard is designed to function as a quick and easy menu for you to tell us what you want from your ad service right now. Place your order and our ad optimization “chefs” will serve up personalized adjustments. Bon appetit!