Tax Info for AdThrive Publishers

1099s are issued mid-January each year.

You are responsible for taking care of any tax filing or payments required in your state/country for your business setup. Since we're not tax professionals, we're unable to provide tax advice.

We use Track1099 to send 1099s electronically via email. Click here for details on what to expect and how to access your 1099.

The email address and mailing address we use to send your 1099 are pulled directly from the Address page in your AdThrive dashboard under Payments > Payment Info. The address that's printed on your 1099 is pulled from the tax form you submitted.

Note: 1099 data is pulled on January 1 each year, so any changes made to the information on file after that date will not be reflected in your 1099. However, the IRS looks at your Tax ID and total amount paid on your 1099, rather than matching the address, so the address listed shouldn't cause any issues. If you need an updated 1099, please let us know.

Not everyone will receive a 1099. We will not issue you a 1099 if your business is listed as an S-corporation (including LLC S-corporation) or C-corporation, if you receive payments via PayPal, or if you earned less than $600. This article can help you figure out if you should expect a 1099.

S-corporations / C-corporations

The IRS doesn’t require 1099s for S-corporations (including LLC S-corporations) or C-corporations. If you need a way to validate your ad earnings, you can confirm the total we paid to you by logging in to your dashboard and selecting the Payments tab. You can also export your entire payment history to Excel.


PayPal has their own tax form reporting system and is a separate section of the US tax code. If you have chosen to be paid via PayPal during the last year, you will not receive a 1099 from AdThrive for those earnings.

Can I receive my 1099 by mail?

1099s will be issued electronically. If you don't accept an electronic 1099 by a certain date, your 1099 will be mailed to the address listed in your AdThrive dashboard under Payments > Payment Info > Address. An electronic 1099 means everything is easily accessible and recorded for you digitally, so that’s what we recommend!

US citizens living outside of the US

If you are a US citizen living abroad, you should still fill out a W-9 and report your earnings to the IRS.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Send a message

Want to join AdThrive? Apply here!