- Log in to your dashboard and click on Videos in your left sidebar. This is where you can upload your videos!
- This upload feature accepts .mp4, .webm, and .mov file types and the recommended file size is 25-35mb per minute with a maximum file size of 1.2 GB.
- Our ad partners require videos to be at least 30 seconds long.
- You can upload up to 10 videos at a time.
From the Videos page, you can easily add or remove individual videos from your playlist and manage the tags for a video. Just hover over a video to see these options, or click within the Tags or Playlist columns.
Use the search function to find certain videos and click the arrows in the column headers to sort by Title, Duration, Published, or Playlist.
When you select multiple videos (up to 50), you'll see these bulk options:
- Add/remove videos from a playlist
- Add/remove tags
- Add closed caption files (up to 10 videos at once)
- Delete videos
To edit an individual video's details or settings, hover over that video and click Details.
On this page, you can:
- Add or edit title, post URL, or description
- Set or upload a thumbnail image
- Add a closed caption file
- Edit video settings such as adding it to a playlist, adding tags, updating the publish start date and time, or check the box to exclude it from your video sitemap
" (double quote)
' (single quote)
[ ] (open or close brackets)
- Video Title: This will display at the top of the sticky video player unless you've elected to remove the title wrapper. The title can also be useful for SEO purposes and searching your videos in your dashboard, so use a relevant keyword.
- URL: Add the URL of the related post on your site. In the sticky Playlist player, if you display your title wrapper, the title will link to this URL so viewers can click through to the post. A URL is required for the video to be included in your video sitemap.
- Description: This helps with SEO, so include plenty of information and keywords!
- Closed Captions: Add a closed caption file
- Add to Playlist: Check the "Add to Playlist" checkbox if you would like the video to display in your Playlist video player.
- Future Playlists: Add tags in this section to create future playlists based on a topic. Tags can be as broad as “desserts” or as specific as “healthy chocolate desserts”. These tags aren't part of your video SEO metadata — they're for organizational purposes and creating video playlists.
- Publish Start Date/Start Time: Choosing a future publishing date/time will postpone the video going live in your posts, sidebar player, and any playlists. Note: the time zone is your local time.
- Exclude from video sitemap: If you don't want this video included in your video sitemap, check this box. If you haven't included a post URL for this video, this option will automatically be checked.
Make sure to save any changes!
To embed a video into a post or page on your site, grab the code by hovering over the video and clicking on “Embed” > “Copy embed code”.
For WordPress, these embed codes are shortcodes you can paste into your visual or text editor. For Blogger, Squarespace, or other content management systems, your embed codes will be <div> codes you can paste into your HTML post editor.
Your global video player settings will determine how the video appears on the page:
- A sticky video will stick to the screen and scroll with the reader.
- A stationary video will stay where the embed code is placed and can scroll out of view.
We recommend the sticky option for the highest ad revenue!
You can set your global video player settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right of the Videos page, and you can override those settings for an individual video by hovering over the video and clicking on “Embed” > “Override Global Setting”.
Learn more about your embed options in this Help Center article: Where should I embed my video to maximize earnings and SEO?
To see all your video information (including embed codes) in one place, click the download icon in the top right, then click “Export Video” to download a spreadsheet.