Making changes to your site can be really scary, we know — the good news is that when it comes to your ads, we’ve got you covered. When redesigning your site, here are some recommendations we suggest sharing with your designer/developer to make sure you get the most out of your new look.
- Header design: The best-paying header ad location is located below your header image/logo and menu and is at least 970 pixels wide. Note: it’s important that no drop-down menu options overlap the header ad area, as that is an advertiser policy violation.
- Sidebar design: The best-paying sidebar setup is a sidebar that is at least 336 pixels wide and has a minimal number of widgets so that the bottom sticky sidebar ad is highly visible. The sticky sidebar ad pays more the faster and longer it’s on the screen — read more about that here.
- Content design: Content ads have become some of the most valuable placements on a site because of the importance that advertisers place on viewability. Make sure your content area is at least 728px wide on desktop and tablet so all content ad sizes can display. Keep mobile padding around post content to a minimum, so mobile content ads don’t get cut off on smaller mobile devices.
- Recipe design: If you have recipes on your site, make sure you’re using a recipe plugin so we can place an ad into the recipe box for you.
- Mobile design: Make sure your site is responsive and gives readers a great experience on mobile.
Once you (or your designer) are totally finished designing and installing your beautiful new site:
- Email us and we’ll re-install your ads and make recommendations for new placements.
- If anything has changed for your site dashboard login, let us know!
- Double-check your Google Analytics tracking code to make sure it’s correctly tracking pageviews on your new site.