Nothing irks us more than seeing another website taking advantage of your beautiful photos and creative original content.
You worked too hard for someone else to get the credit — and the ad earnings — from your talent and your effort.
So if you see your content being used against your wishes, what can you do?
Familiarize yourself with copyright law protections
Here are some good resources:
- This session on copyright from the AdThrive Summit
- Copyright Law of the United States
- Sarah F. Hawkins Attorney at Law
- Copyright Alliance
Steps you can take
- The site: Ask the infringing site to remove the content — always a good first place to start!
- The site's host: Submit a DMCA takedown notice through the infringing site's host. You can use this site to identify the host.
- The site's platform: You can also submit a DMCA takedown notice with WordPress here or Blogger here.
- Google: Report the copyright issue to Google Web Search here.
- Monetization: Contact the site's monetization platform and make them aware of the issue. If the site monetizes with AdSense, you can report the copyright issue here.