Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is AdThrive SEO Amplifier - Powered by WordLift?
AdThrive SEO Amplifier - Powered by WordLift is a WordPress plugin that automatically enriches the metadata of your posts. This helps search engines better understand your site content so that more people searching for your content can find you, which leads to a 3-5% lift in search pageviews.
2. What is the trial about?
We are always looking for ways to help our creators improve SEO and we discovered that as a result of having incomplete metadata, creators have posts that do not rank as high as they could. To simplify the process of updating metadata for hundreds of posts, we partnered with WordLift, an SEO company, to develop a solution.
The goal of the trial is to evaluate the effectiveness of this new solution and how we can make it available to all of our creators. Previous tests revealed that there is potential to achieve a lift of 3% or higher in search pageviews.
3. What does AdThrive SEO Amplifier do?
The solution is a WordPress plugin that automatically looks at the tags used to describe your site’s content and links them to the entities in our proprietary food knowledge graph. This ensures that search engines know exactly what each tag is referring to by associating it with known entities. The result is higher ranking content and posts that are more likely to appear in rich results.
These are the key benefits:
- Increases search performance without having to make any changes to your content
- Eliminates manual work and gives SEO solutions like Yoast a boost
- Makes sure that your aligned content shows up in standard and more prominent rich results
- Enables more users searching for your content to find you easily which increases search traffic
4. How does the food knowledge graph work?
Our proprietary food knowledge graph was created specifically for our creators and is only available in our network. This knowledge graph captures as much information about the food space as possible, increasing the scope and detail of the metadata added to each of our creators’ recipes. It creates semantic associations between related food terms, connecting these terms to other publicly available knowledge graphs (such as Wikidata). For example, if a creator writes about "baked salmon", we can associate "salmon" with all the relevant metadata about that term.
Since the AdThrive SEO Amplifier takes advantage of our food knowledge graph it is able to capture as much information as possible about the food space and enrich creator metadata beyond what other products can do.
5. I already have Yoast. How does AdThrive SEO Amplifier help?
The Yoast SEO plugin uses templates to generate SEO titles and meta descriptions (HTML tags that summarize what your content is about) for each of your posts. The AdThrive SEO Amplifier takes things a step further. It enables search engines to better understand what your site content is about by establishing associations between the tags and public knowledge graphs and our food knowledge graph, which is exclusive to our creators.
6. Which creators can participate in the trial?
- Platinum, Platinum Elite, and Luminary levels
- Creators with food-focused content
- Users of WordPress and the WordPress Recipe Maker Plugin
7. I'm interested in the trial. How do I get started?
We're glad you are interested in trying out AdThrive SEO Amplifier and are excited to see the impact it has on your posts.
There are a few items to check off in order for us to get the plugin installed. Your web hosting provider or WordPress support team should be able to help.
- Perform a full backup of the database for your site.
- Set up a copy of your staging site. We want to test the plugin on a staging site before installing it on your live site.
- Give permission for us to provide admin access to the staging site for firstname.lastname@example.org to set up the plugin on your behalf.
If you send your web hosting or WordPress support provider an email listing those first two tasks, they should be able to complete them on your behalf. Once these items are taken care of, we will move forward with installing the plugin on the staging environment for testing.
8. Which pages on my site will be tested?
We will identify a selection of pages that are good candidates for the test. Typically seasonal posts are excluded. After we select the pages we will share them with you for your approval and also give you an opportunity to remove any pages that you do not want on the list.
9. Where do I go for support during the trial?
Creators that are participating in the trial can submit a ticket for support or reach out directly to their account manager.